About the author: Mike Figliuolo | SmartBlogs
How do you invest your time and energy in your team members?
- I spread it around evenly so it’s fair: 38.53%
- I invest more heavily in low performers: 15.58%
- I invest more heavily in high performers: 45.89%
Change Your View of Time Allocation.[…] Continue Reading »
How effectively do you recruit and hire outstanding talent?
- Very — we consistently higher top performers: 16.24%
- Somewhat — we get high performers from time to time: 42.44%
- Not very — we struggle to find and hire top talent: 30.26%
- Not at all — it’s rare that we bring on a top performer: 11.07%
Good People are Hard to Find.[…] Continue Reading »
How quickly does your organization make decisions?
- Very — we get to decisions quite rapidly: 11.32%
- Somewhat — we get to decisions with some delays: 29.11%
- Not very — our decision-making process is slow: 43.94%
- Not at all — it takes us forever to make a decision: 15.63%
Time for a change of style.[…] Continue Reading »
How does your organization deal with “bad behavior”?
- We immediately take action and correct/eliminate it: 25.4%
- We deal with egregious cases but tolerate it otherwise: 41.01%
- We avoid dealing with it and hope it goes away: 21.16%
- We have a culture that promotes and rewards it: 12.43%
Fix Bad Behavior Fast.[…] Continue Reading »
How well do you differentiate performance in performance reviews?
- Very well — I achieve a great distribution of performance: 32.2%
- Well — I could do a little better differentiating performance: 51.71%
- Not well — most people end up with the same rating: 12.2%
- Poorly — there’s little to no differentiation in reviews: 3.9%
Differentiation Matters.[…] Continue Reading »