About the author: Mike Figliuolo | SmartBlogs
How well do you manage the ups and downs of your busy and slow periods?
- Very well — I ride the ups and downs easily: 33%
- Well — I do an OK job balancing the busy and slow times: 52%
- Not well — I struggle frequently with going up and down: 14%
- Poorly — I dislike the ups and downs and don’t do well with them: 1%
Enjoy the slow times.[…] Continue Reading »
Have you ever put someone on a formal performance improvement plan?
- Yes, several times: 66%
- Once: 21%
- Never: 13%
PIPs are a challenge. People sometimes perform below standard and you’ll need to step up and put them on a PIP.[…] Continue Reading »
How well did your end-of-year review process go last year?
- Very well — We did a great job of reviewing performance: 12%
- Well — We did OK, but it could have been better: 31%
- Not well — It was somewhat ineffective: 11%
- Poorly — It was a frustrating waste of time: 18%
- What end-of-year review?
How prevalent is “analysis paralysis” in your organization?
- Not at all — We do a great job of avoiding it: 12%
- Somewhat — We occasionally get sucked into the data: 37%
- Very — We spend too much time analyzing versus deciding: 38%
- Extremely — We never make decisions because all we do is analyze: 13%
Get out of the data.[…] Continue Reading »
What’s your outlook for the coming year?
- It’s definitely going to be better than last year: 56%
- It’ll be about the same as last year: 31%
- It’s definitely going to be worse than last year: 13%
Optimistic Times.[…] Continue Reading »