About the author: Mike Figliuolo | SmartBlogs
How much did your college experience contribute to your success as a leader?
- Tremendously — I am forever indebted to my alma mater: 13%
- A lot — My college education has had a big impact on my career: 31%
- Somewhat — It’s contributed but only in certain areas: 28%
- Not much — My success doesn’t have a lot to do with my education: 22%
- Not at all — I didn’t attend college or it hasn’t contributed at all: 7%
Hail alma mater dear.[…] Continue Reading »
How knowledgeable are you about global megatrends?
- Very — We monitor the pace of change, long-term, across all megatrends: 10%
- Somewhat — We stay informed only about megatrends we think directly affect our business: 40%
- Not very — Industry trends are our main focus: 29%
- Not at all — Too busy fighting fires to look beyond our business and the present: 10%
- What’s a megatrend?: 10%
The broader the better.[…] Continue Reading »
How often does your organization take big risks?
- All the time — We make a lot of big bets: 10%
- Occasionally — We’ll take a big risk from time to times: 39%
- Rarely — We’re generally risk-averse: 40%
- Never — We’re extremely conservative: 11%
Even Odds.[…] Continue Reading »
How effective is your organization’s goal-setting process?
- Very — we have clear and actionable goals all the time: 20%
- Somewhat — we set goals for big items but not smaller ones: 31%
- Not very — our goal-setting is inconsistent: 40%
- Not at all — what’s a goal?: 9%
Set a Destination.[…] Continue Reading »
How effectively do you “manage up”?
- Very — I manage my boss/superiors quite well: 41%
- Somewhat — I occasionally don’t do this well: 47%
- Not very — I struggle to manage up on most occasions: 10%
- Not at all — I’m not effective at managing up: 2%
Managing in Both Directions.[…] Continue Reading »