Archive for SmartPulse SmartBlogs
Have you ever struggled with the right way to use the power of your position?
- Never — I’ve always wielded power very responsibly: 22%
- Sometimes — I’ve made an occasional mistake: 72%
- Often — I have trouble wielding power appropriately: 4%
- All the time — I tend to abuse the power of my position: 1%
The Perils of Power.[…] Continue Reading »
What’s your perspective on hiring veterans?
- They’re great hires! I love their leadership and operating skills: 63%
- They’re OK — on par with other candidates I consider: 32%
- They’re not that good — they don’t fit well with business culture: 3%
- They’re poor — their skills don’t translate and they don’t fit in: 1%
Vets Welcome Here.[…] Continue Reading »
Have you ever had difficulty quitting something but found it was a great decision?
- Yes — I’ve left something I liked, but it turned out great in the end: 81%
- Yes — I’ve left something I liked, but it was the wrong decision to leave: 9%
- No — I’ve never quit anything, although I probably should have: 9%
- No — I’ve never quit, and that’s always been the right choice: 1%
Close one door and open another.[…] Continue Reading »
How well do you negotiate?
- Very well — I always have negotiating success: 12%
- Well — I come out ahead in most negotiations: 65%
- Not well — I come up short in most negotiations: 20%
- Not at all — I almost always fare poorly in negotiations: 3%
Are you doing as well as you can?[…] Continue Reading »
How well does your organization understand and use data?
- Very — we are effective at generating data-based insights: 29%
- Kind of — we generate insights but it takes some effort: 41%
- Not very — we tend to get sucked into analysis paralysis: 19%
- Not at all — we’re overwhelmed by data without insights: 11%
Data versus Information.[…] Continue Reading »