Archive for SmartPulse SmartBlogs
Would you rather be seen as being a fair leader or a just one?
- I’d rather be seen as being fair: 44%
- I’d rather be seen as being just: 56%
Justice Beats Fairness.[…] Continue Reading »
How do you handle someone who’s a “squeaky wheel”?
- I always meet their needs and answer their questions: 7%
- I ask them to generate solutions before coming to me: 90%
- I direct them to go to someone else for help: 2%
- I refuse to meet with them until they have something for review: 1%
Make them Self-Sufficient.[…] Continue Reading »
How do you deal with “steamrollers” on your team?
- I coach them to be more sensitive: 68%
- I leave them alone — they’re getting great results: 9%
- I change their roles so they have fewer difficult interactions: 20%
- I send them to a different team: 3%
Slowing down the Steamrollers.[…] Continue Reading »
Which is harder: improving a slacker’s performance or getting a high-performer promoted?
- Getting a slacker to improve is more difficult: 70%
- Finding a way to get a high-performer promoted is harder: 30%
Slackers Rule.[…] Continue Reading »
How do you invest your time and energy in your team members?
- I spread it around evenly so it’s fair: 38.53%
- I invest more heavily in low performers: 15.58%
- I invest more heavily in high performers: 45.89%
Change Your View of Time Allocation.[…] Continue Reading »