Archive for SmartPulse SmartBlogs
Last week, we asked: Where do you spend the largest percentage of your time at work?
- Developing and coaching my people: 19.02%
- Managing day-to-day operations: 46.77%
- Setting the long-term direction and defining strategy: 10.3%
- Meetings and steering committee sessions: 11.17%
- Dealing with crises and major issues: 12.74%
Get out of the weeds and lead.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: What’s the most exciting aspect of leading your organization?
- Watching my people grow: 46.85%
- Executing the day-to-day operations: 6.45%
- Setting and achieving the long-term vision: 38.25%
- Seeing myself grow every day: 3.23%
- Cash — gobs and gobs of cash: 5.22%
It’s the people, stupid.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: What is the biggest impediment to growth that your business faces?
- Our products aren’t strong enough: 14.73%
- Our competitors are too tough: 10.48%
- Our markets are limited: 24.36%
- We lack the ability to sell and grow: 23.8%
- Our customers’ businesses are struggling: 26.63%
Sales and marketing are struggling.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: When you and your team get stressed, how well do you put and keep things in perspective?
- Very well — I alleviate all stressors pretty quickly: 8.51%
- Well — I reduce most sources of stress we face: 39.41%
- OK — I reduce some stress but still occasionally get stressed myself: 45.83%
- Poorly — I have a hard time reducing stress for myself and my team: 4.86%
- Very poorly — I get even more stressed out and add to the problem: 1.39%
The calm in the storm.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How do you deal with rudeness in your organization?
- I immediately confront it, and harshly: 39.97%
- I ignore it: 23.26%
- I act overly nice in the face of it: 34.76%
- I act rudely in return: 2.01%
Rudeness won’t be tolerated.[…] Continue Reading »