Archive for SmartPulse SmartBlogs
Last week, we asked: What was your biggest leadership challenge this past year?
- The business climate was tough and competitive: 26.72%
- We had internal turmoil in the organization: 44.9%
- I had big personal leadership challenges: 11.57%
- My team members had challenges: 7.99%
- Nothing — it was an amazing year: 8.82%
We have met the enemy and he is us.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How well does your organization treat clients or customers?
- Extremely well — we take great care of them: 35.17%
- Very well — we treat them better than most other companies: 34.88%
- Well — we do a decent job but could improve a bit: 25%
- Not well — we could treat them much better: 3.49%
- Poorly — I’m surprised we even still have customers: 1.45%
Treat them well or someone else will.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How well do you give difficult feedback?
- Extremely — I have no problems doing so: 10.57%
- Moderately — sometimes it’s hard but I get it done: 60.86%
- Somewhat — I don’t always do a great job with it: 19.77%
- Not very — I frequently struggle doing so: 7.63%
- Not at all — I’m terrible at giving difficult feedback: 1.17%
Tough Feedback is Tough.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Have you ever had what you would consider a major ethical lapse?
- Yes — I’ve made a big mistake at least once: 48.59%
- No — I’ve never had an ethical lapse: 51.41%
To err is human.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Would you rather have a larger leadership role on a smaller team or a smaller leadership role on a bigger team?
- I want the larger leadership role on a smaller team: 79.09%
- I prefer the smaller leadership role as part of a bigger team: 20.91%
The Head of the Dog.[…] Continue Reading »