Archive for poll SmartBlogs
Last week, we asked: How effectively does your organization choose the best decision-making style for a given decision?
- Very effectively — we’re deliberate about choosing the right style: 5.78%
- Effectively — we choose the right style most of the time: 32.13%
- Not very effectively — we gravitate toward one style irrespective of the decision being made: 43.32%
- What’s a decision-making style?: 18.77%
Different decisions require different styles.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Are you comfortable promoting members of your team to manage former peers?
- Yes — I’m fine with making those kinds of moves: 71.66%
- Kind of — I know it can create awkward situations: 25.4%
- No — it creates challenging dynamics: 2.94%
Support their leap.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: What’s the biggest challenge you face when leading a “rising star”?
- Keeping them challenged and engaged: 66.89%
- Preventing them from leaving my team: 13.96%
- Getting others to not be critical of them: 10.14%
- No challenge at all!
Last week, we asked: Do leaders in your organization “hoard” talent?
- Constantly — they never let go of their good people: 18.92%
- Sometimes — they let good people move to new roles when forced to: 46.72%
- Rarely — good talent can flow pretty easily: 30.12%
- Never — our leaders are great at rotating talent: 4.25%
Be a Net Exporter of Talent.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How often are you an enabler of your team’s poor performance?
- Never — I hold everyone accountable for their work: 14.89%
- Sometimes — I occasionally let them get away with things: 75.84%
- Often — I clean up their messes and they keep making them: 7.58%
- Always — I struggle to hold them accountable for their work: 1.69%
Give them an inch… You’re the guardian of the standard.[…] Continue Reading »