Archive for MikeFigliuolo SmartBlogs
Last week, we asked: How often are you an enabler of your team’s poor performance?
- Never — I hold everyone accountable for their work: 14.89%
- Sometimes — I occasionally let them get away with things: 75.84%
- Often — I clean up their messes and they keep making them: 7.58%
- Always — I struggle to hold them accountable for their work: 1.69%
Give them an inch… You’re the guardian of the standard.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How analytical is your organization?
- Highly — we analyze everything sometimes at the cost of action: 42.71%
- Very — we balance analysis with judgment: 27.62%
- Somewhat — we do some analysis but act quickly: 19.44%
- Not at all — little analysis, mostly action: 10.23%
Analysis Paralysis.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Which type of person is harder to lead?
- Slacker — they have talent but won’t apply themselves: 24.31%
- Steamroller — they apply themselves but harm relationships: 48.91%
- Stowaway — they avoid work and hope to go unnoticed: 26.78%
Steamrollers need to be restrained.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How well do you recognize when something will “trigger” you in a negative way?
- Extremely well — I know my triggers and mitigate them before they happen: 11.37%
- Very well — I recognize when I’m being triggered and act accordingly: 47.56%
- Well — I can recover quickly when I’m triggered: 25.99%
- Not well — I have trouble reacting well when I’m triggered: 14.15%
- Poorly — I’m not aware I’ve been triggered until after the damage is done: .93%
Mindfulness matters.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How involved are you with “more senior” conversations?
- Very — I always have a seat at the table: 25.73%
- Somewhat — they include me when I’m the expert: 51.19%
- Rarely — I have to fight to be included in those discussions: 14.06%
- Never — I’m always kept at the “kids table:” 9.02%
Earn your seat at the table.[…] Continue Reading »