Archive for MikeFigliuolo SmartBlogs
How well do reorganizations go in your organization?
- They’re great — smooth with no issues: 5%
- They’re OK — we get through them with one or two issues: 42%
- They’re bad — we really struggle with them: 33%
- They’re horrible — our reorgs are typically a disaster: 21%
Change is Painful.[…] Continue Reading »
Would you rather be seen as being a fair leader or a just one?
- I’d rather be seen as being fair: 44%
- I’d rather be seen as being just: 56%
Justice Beats Fairness.[…] Continue Reading »
How do you handle someone who’s a “squeaky wheel”?
- I always meet their needs and answer their questions: 7%
- I ask them to generate solutions before coming to me: 90%
- I direct them to go to someone else for help: 2%
- I refuse to meet with them until they have something for review: 1%
Make them Self-Sufficient.[…] Continue Reading »
Do leaders work or do they sit back and supervise others? Where you stand on that issue depends upon where you sit in the leader versus led relationship. From the bottom up, leading doesn’t appear to involve much work. The “real” work happens at the bottom of the organization chart – on the front lines. The higher you go in the hierarchy, you’ll see less “real” work and more talk about real work.[…] Continue Reading »
How do you deal with “steamrollers” on your team?
- I coach them to be more sensitive: 68%
- I leave them alone — they’re getting great results: 9%
- I change their roles so they have fewer difficult interactions: 20%
- I send them to a different team: 3%
Slowing down the Steamrollers.[…] Continue Reading »