By Isra Garcia on January 28th, 2013 | 36896Comment on this post8+ways+to+increase+fan+engagement+with+your+Facebook+posts2013-01-28+12%3A47%3A13Guest+Bloggerhttp%3A%2F%2Fsmartblogs.com%2F%3Fp%3D36896
Brands are accepting Facebook as a key marketing tool to generate engagement and improve branding. The question is whether Facebook creates more engagement, visibility, traffic and experience than other tools. Searching for an answer to this question for some time leads to understanding how the different attributes of Facebook posts have an effect on the number of “likes,” comments and “shares” that a post gets.
How to increase the number of likes in Facebook posts
- Focus. Stay up to date. I’m talking about messages that relate to holidays, festivals, gigs, world issues, relevant events and anything related with current affairs. Perhaps they won’t be directly related to the product’s or company’s essence, but they will be perceived as something more personal and, hence, better accepted (more so, even, than promotions).
- Express yourself through photos. Every picture tells a story. A photograph communicates something personal in a fast, easy way. You also have to make an effort to match a suitable text to the picture. Images from your company’s product catalog generate greater engagement than other types of content.
- Share what we love. Sharing success stories — and also failures, achievements, prizes, apologies or thanks — makes your page more human, accessible and familiar to your community. Many more people will identify with the brand. When they “like” a post, they’re telling their network of friends that they identify with the brand.
- Branding. Don’t hesitate to promote the brand and its products. When your customer visits your Facebook page, they should leave with a good impression of your brand and a clear sense of the products/services it offers.
- Humor rocks. Laugh and everyone will laugh with you. We all enjoy a good laugh. Funny posts, especially funny images, get many “likes” and will be shared a lot. Just remember that being funny is an art.
- Humanize the brand. Inject emotion to your posts. Brand communication starts by using the “human” side of social media. The community loves messages that turn a wall into a living object that expresses human emotions in the form of videos, images or real-time personal statuses, for instance. Facebook is a communication platform rather than a production channel. Sharing posts that contain emotions helps connecting with the community. In turn, they share these emotions with their network.
- Educate and equip. Create content that is informative. Brands sharing content that is useful to their audience get greater exposure and engagement — more “likes” — especially when using information designed to enrich the brand’s fans. This educational content could include the company’s history, the product creation process or the state of the market, for instance.
- Ask to be “liked.” Ask and you will receive. It’s simple. If you ask to be liked, the way Veuve Cliquot does in its posts, you’ll get more “likes.” Ask in a polite, fun way, and don’t overdo it. Otherwise, the cure may be worse than the disease!
What other ways can you think of to increase Facebook engagement? How are you engaging your fans?
This guest post was written by Isra Garcia.
- Why you should never take a vacation from Facebook
- How to attract Facebook friends without sending a single friend request
- 3 ways restaurants can be more engaging on Facebook
- 3 reasons there’s a hole in the social-marketing funnel
- How to create News Feed-worthy Facebook content
Comments are closed.