Google+ Hangouts lets people video chat within social media without having to log into a clunky Skype client. Until a few days ago, Google placed a cap on the number of people who could be in a hangout, so it was more focused on social and less on broadcast. Now, however, companies can broadcast content live to viewers within a hangout and reach a lot more people. Find out how social media covered the launch of Google+ Hangouts on Air and learn how to use it to promote your business on social media in this “Future of Engagement” episode.
Alerti social media monitoring graph on social media chatter surrounding the release of Google+ Hangouts on Air:
- Why Apple’s Siri commercials are a cautionary tale for marketers
- What you can learn about making an announcement from the marketing geniuses at Apple
- Progressive Insurance case study: How not to handle a PR crisis
- Protecting your brand image: What you can learn from the mistakes of Chick-fil-A and Papa John’s
- How Southwest Airlines bounced back from a social media snag