Murray Newlands offers an in-depth tutorial on social media monitoring in this week’s “Future of Engagement.”
Part 1 of this six-part discussion of principles and tactics of monitoring social media conversation:
- Understand that social media monitoring can serve a wide variety of roles for your organization, including customer service, research and crisis management.
- Information gathered can be used to improve your organization.
- Monitoring can clue you in to social media behavioral norms, which can improve your ability to engage customers.
- Not sure how to get started? Take a look at what other companies in your sector are doing, and use their practices as a starting point.
- How Buzzhoney builds Facebook engagement
- How Southwest Airlines bounced back from a social media snag
- What Jack Daniel’s can teach you about the value of closely monitoring your brand
- How Google used a demo video to get people talking about Google Input Method
- Engagement tips for Facebook Timeline’s newest feature