By Jesse Stanchak on December 28th, 2011 | 184574 comments on this postWhat+trends+in+social+media+are+you+excited+about+for+2012%3F2011-12-28+12%3A57%3A15Jesse+Stanchakhttp%3A%2F%2Fsmartblogs.com%2Fsocialmedia%2F%3Fp%3D18457
SmartPulse — our weekly nonscientific reader poll in SmartBrief on Social Media — tracks feedback from leading marketers about social media practices and issues.
This week, we asked: What social media technology are you most excited about for the coming year? The results:
- Integration between social platforms 36.99%
- QR codes, augmented reality and other real world-based tools 23.29%
- Established social networks on mobile devices 13.70%
- Location-based social networks 11.64%
- Niche social networks 8.90%
- Open-source social networks 5.48%
It’s worth noting that this poll isn’t so much about what our readers expect in the new year, so much as what they’re hoping to see in 2012.
More than a third of SmartBrief on Social Media readers say they’re most excited about increasing integration between social networks in the coming year. That’s hardly surprising, when you consider the amount of time social networking eats up. In years past, we were looking forward to new, whiz-bang tech toys to play with — now we just want ways manage it all a little easier.
That isn’t to say that new tools are of no interest — about 40% are excited about taking their social experience out into the real world, through mobile, QR codes and other real-space tools.
Whatever you’re looking for in 2012, SmartBrief wishes you the very best of luck in your pursuit. See you in the new year!
- Does your business need a mobile makeover?
- Should you blend social media into offline marketing?
- Is it a good idea to share your political opinions online?
- 6 tips for producing powerful videos that sell on the small screen
- Does anonymous posting still have a place in today’s social media universe?