By Sam Taute on April 27th, 2011 | 157432 comments on this postA+look+at+social+media+costs+and+returns+with+Erik+Qualman2011-04-27+11%3A46%3A53Sam+Tautehttp%3A%2F%2Fsmartblogs.com%2Fsocialmedia%2F%3Fp%3D15743
Erik Qualman is the author of “Socialnomics: How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business.” I interviewed Qualman to learn more about how companies should invest in social media — a topic that he will be speaking about at this year’s Social Media Success Summit. An edited version of his responses follows.
- Is the social media universe still expanding?
- A startup’s guide to social media ROI
- Why are social media marketers still relying on “soft” metrics?
- 5 steps to hiring a great social media consultant
- Why social media deserves a smarter ROI