SmartBrief has grown a lot during the past year. We’ve covered conferences, launched briefs, held seminars and attracted hundreds of thousands of new readers. But something is missing. And we think it might be you.
For the first time ever, SmartBrief is scouring our readers to find the next leading voice in social media to join the coveted SmartBrief on Social Media Advisory Board and pen our weekly SmartPulse feature as our newest SmartBrief Poll Analyst.
We figured there’s no better way to find this social-media savvy writer than a contest to show us all what you’ve got. So here’s your chance to join Team SmartBrief and become the newest member of our Advisory Board.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who’s endlessly curious about social media. We don’t need an expert; we need a scientist.
- The kind of magnetic writer who can ask the right questions and make data come alive for our readers.
- A gifted promoter who can expose their work to new audiences.
About the contest:
- Nominate yourself. Leave a comment below telling us why you think you’re the right person for the job, or write a post on your blog, linking back to this post. Make sure to include your full name and a link to your blog or website.
- SmartBrief selects the finalists. We’ll pick our four favorites based on a subjective criteria and ask each of them to write one week’s poll analysis.
- Readers vote for the winner. In the social-media tradition of crowdsourcing, we’re asking our readers to decide who gets the coveted title of SmartBrief Poll Analyst.
And the prize:
- A weekly feature on SmartBlog on Social Media and in SmartBrief on Social Media. This opt-in e-mail newsletter has a highly focused readership composed primarily of executives and marketers.
- Polling Experience. You’ll have the unique ability to poll this niche audience, gaining a deeper degree of insight into how professionals really use social media.
- Membership on our Social Media Advisory Board. This invitation-only round table serves as our brain trust for all things social media. Plus, you’ll get to say you’re on a professional board with some of the brightest minds in social media.
Excited? Leave your full name, and a link to your blog or other website in the comments. We’ll be accepting nominations until Sept. 15, and we’ll announce the four finalists Sept. 22.
We can’t wait to see who nominates themselves for this gig — not to mention who our readers will choose as our new columnist. But we’re secretly hoping it’ll be you.
Image credit, jgroup, via iStock Photo
- Should event coverage be part of your social media presence?
- Win a chance to be a SmartBrief on Social Media guest editor!
- At work or not, employees’ social actions affect brand equity and value
- How effectively do content marketing efforts (blogs, white papers, etc.) drive action by your customers?
- Where does the biggest threat to your organization come from?