By Andy Sernovitz on January 26th, 2010 | 72732 comments on this postAndy%27s+Answers%3A+How+ConAgra+Foods+is+embracing+a+social+media+culture2010-01-26+14%3A07%3A10Andy+Sernovitzhttp%3A%2F%2Fsmartblogs.com%2Fsocialmedia%2F%3Fp%3D7273
Continuing with our previews for BlogWell in San Diego on February 16 — featuring social media case studies from Starbucks, Clorox, USAA, Intuit, Avery Dennison, Community Medical Centers, State Farm Insurance, and the U.S. Navy — here’s a few more big ideas from our last BlogWell, hosted in Atlanta.
In her presentation, “Embracing a Social Media Culture,” ConAgra’s Director of Public Relations, Stephanie Mortiz, explained how ConAgra is approaching social media as a strategic opportunity. Her big ideas:
- Social media is more than your marketing department. ConAgra approaches social media enterprise-wide, realizing opportunities not just in marketing, but also in HR, legal, and career development.
- Teach executives about social media by offering them hands-on experience. Stephanie’s team invited senior management to participate in “digital immersion” sessions to really experience social media.
- Avoid the shiny objects. Stephanie recommends ignoring the latest tools and networks and really focusing on your brand’s goals.
See the live presentation here:
- Why performance appraisals fail: A root-cause analysis and alternative
- Boost employee engagement by encouraging collaboration
- How do you efficiently onboard new employees?
- What employee engagement data can tell you about change management
- 14 things every employee manual should include