By Andy Sernovitz on November 19th, 2009 | 61263 comments on this postAndy%27s+Answers%3A+3+tips+for+creating+and+promoting+your+blog+from+Social+Media+Explorer+Jason+Falls2009-11-19+12%3A44%3A37Andy+Sernovitzhttp%3A%2F%2Fsmartblogs.com%2Fsocialmedia%2F%3Fp%3D6126
We’re interviewing a bunch of brilliant word of mouth marketers as previews for the Word of Mouth Supergenius conference in Chicago on Dec. 16.
In this interview, Social Media Explorer Jason Falls shares his tips for creating and promoting your blog:
- Blaze your own trail. You don’t have to listen to all of the advice from the big-name bloggers. Don’t worry about following the crowd, especially if what they’re selling doesn’t apply to your blog.
- Set your own goals. Focus on your core audience and build a content strategy that gives them little nuggets of information that they can get excited about.
- Don’t get caught up in technical details. You shouldn’t let the techy stuff like SEO prevent you from getting started — but a basic understanding of these topics is helpful, and there are lots of freely available resources out there.
- What you’re getting wrong about customer referrals
- Andy’s Answers: 3 reasons to thank your social media fans
- Andy’s Answers: 3 inspiring ways brands respond to customer complaints in social media
- Andy’s Answers: How Raytheon pulled off live social coverage of a highly sensitive air show
- 4 ways startups are setting themselves apart at SXSW