By Tricia Contreras on March 18th, 2016 | 64468Comment on this postTop+10%3A+Millennials+in+the+workplace%2C+grocery+mergers%2C+James+Beard+award+finalists2016-03-18+11%3A00%3A44Tricia+Contrerashttp%3A%2F%2Fsmartblogs.com%2F%3Fp%3D64468
A story about how to manage millennials in the workplace was the most popular read among SmartBrief subscribers this week, followed by an announcement that the FDA has yet again delayed the enforcement of menu labeling rules for food retailers and restaurant chains.
News about mergers and acquisitions in food retail was prolific this week. A story about what Roundy’s Supermarkets stands to gain from new owner Kroger made this week’s top five. News about Albertsons‘ acquisition of Haggen‘s core stores, shareholder approval of the Ahold and Delhaize merger, and Appolo Global’s $1.36 billion deal to buy Fresh Market all made this week’s top-clicked list.
Check out the full list of this week’s most-clicked stories:
- Millennial mindset brings new workplace challenges
- FDA delays enforcement of menu labeling rules
- Cast iron griddles are more than a flash in the pan
- Bolthouse Farms to launch beverages with alternative proteins
- Execs: Kroger is up for the challenge with Roundy’s
- Albertsons to pay $106M for Haggen’s core stores
- Jack Link’s acquires snack business of grass-fed beef brand
- Beard Foundation names 2016 award finalists
- Ahold, Delhaize merger gets OK from shareholders
- Apollo Global makes $1.36B deal to buy Fresh Market
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 14 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.
- Candy brands, grocery growth rank high with SB readers
- Top 10: Big moves in products, company strategies, leadership trending this week in food and beverage
- Top 10: Krispy Kreme, Friendly’s acquisitions and Rick Bayless’ new restaurant
- Top 10: Taco Bell tests TacoBot, Cracker Barrel brand expands to mac and cheese
- Top 10: Moves toward innovation trending this week in food and beverage
Comments are closed.