By Amy Sung on January 29th, 2016 | 63623Comment on this postTop+10%3A+The+world%E2%80%99s+largest+supermarket+chain%2C+growing+retailers%2C+McDonald%E2%80%99s+menu%2C+fermented+garlic2016-01-29+12%3A00%3A57Amy+Sunghttp%3A%2F%2Fsmartblogs.com%2F%3Fp%3D63623
Popular reads this week involved all – both retail and restaurants. Among the top stories were Lidl’s plan to expand out to the East Coast, hoping to build as many as 100 standalone 36,000-square-foot stores, and also, Kroger ranking as the top traditional supermarket retailer in the world, according to a report from the National Retail Federation. Also most-read was a story about what it takes for new products to make it onto McDonald’s menu.
Other big news included Ahold and Delhaize Group getting one step closer to completing its merger with a public filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the rising trend of black garlic in restaurant dishes.
Here’s the complete list of the top 10 most-read stories by SmartBrief this week:
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 14 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.
- Top 10: Moves toward innovation trending this week in food and beverage
- Top 10 food stories this week: Keurig’s sale, Costco’s strategy, Kellogg’s new 2016 products and more
- Top 10: New stores, new branding, new products
- Top 10: Rising food prices, “smart shelf” technology, Chick-fil-A and more in this week’s top news
- Prepared foods report: New consumer behaviors hone in on fresh, healthy and sustainable
Comments are closed.