By Megan Conniff on April 1st, 2011 | 2309Comment on this postGwyneth+Paltrow%27s+cooking+magazine%2C+Gilt+Groupe+foodie+spin-off+and+saffron+as+an+aphrodisiac2011-04-01+11%3A19%3A57Megan+Conniffhttp%3A%2F%2Fsmartblogs.com%2Frestaurants%2F%3Fp%3D2309
Every week, Restaurant SmartBrief editors scour the Internet for the breaking news and best-practices stories that restaurant owners and managers need to make their businesses smarter. However, every week, hundreds of fascinating food, beverage and restaurant stories don’t make the cut. Here are a few of my favorite stories from the past week that didn’t make the newsletter:
- Prepare your wallets: Rumor has it that Gilt Groupe is prepping a food spin-off to be run by former Gourmet editor in chief Ruth Reichl, The New York Observer reports.
- Also on the rumor mill: Gwyneth Paltrow may be shopping around a cooking magazine. Grub Street New York lists 10 reasons why the GOOP-newsletter writer may find success with her new venture — if it ever gets off the ground.
- An egg-dyeing app? Really? Martha Stewart offers tips, lessons and a glossary for your smartphone, according to The Atlantic.
- It’s too bad Valentine’s Day is over because scientists just announced that eating saffron can act as an aphrodisiac, reports LA Weekly. Better get working on your paella recipe now!
What other stories caught your eye this week?
- Food delivery services answer consumers’ call for healthy, gourmet options
- Q-and-A: Sparkling ICE embraces the foodie movement with chef-created recipes
- Who buys all the flowers and jewelry on Valentine’s Day?
- 3 food safety apps for your restaurant
Comments are closed.