By Megan Conniff on February 11th, 2011 | 220911 comment on this postGluten-free+misconceptions%2C+Valentine%27s+Day+truffles+and+the+best+cheap+sparkling+wines2011-02-11+11%3A46%3A11Megan+Conniffhttp%3A%2F%2Fsmartblogs.com%2Frestaurants%2F%3Fp%3D1725
Every week, Restaurant SmartBrief editors scour the Internet for the breaking news and best-practices stories that restaurant owners and managers need to make their businesses smarter. However, every week, hundreds of fascinating food, beverage and restaurant stories don’t make the cut. Here are a few of my favorite stories from the past week that didn’t make the newsletter:
- 5 tips to get customers more engaged on Facebook, from The Bar Blogger.
- The Daily Meal clears up misconceptions about gluten.
- The lowdown on affordable sparkling wine, just in time for Valentine’s Day and courtesy of the Chicago Tribune.
- Have you considered reservation-management technology or software? Why you should think about it, according to The Black Board.
- A marketing action plan for Valentine’s Day: 7 tips from Must Have Menus blog.
- The cutest truffles I’ve ever seen, thanks to Eat Live Run.
- How unique beverage programs, customization, interactivity set operators apart
- Survey reveals foodservice operator sentiments on trends, growth
- Local produce, spicy flavors and kosher products steal the show at NRA Show 2014
- The future of gluten-free: Restaurants still weighing whether to jump on the bandwagon
- 3 ways restaurants can be more engaging on Facebook