By Megan Conniff on January 28th, 2011 | 1584Comment on this postMeatless+Mondays%2C+the+garbage+challenge+and+what+Americans+think+of+chain+restaurants2011-01-28+13%3A10%3A38Megan+Conniffhttp%3A%2F%2Fsmartblogs.com%2Frestaurants%2F%3Fp%3D1584
Every week, Restaurant SmartBrief editors scour the Internet for the breaking news and best-practices stories that restaurant owners and managers need to make their businesses smarter. However, every week, hundreds of fascinating food, beverage and restaurant stories don’t make the cut. Here are a few of my favorite stories from the past week that didn’t make the newsletter:
- 3 menu design tips from the MustHaveMenus blog.
- Have you tried the garbage challenge at your restaurant? Check it out on the Restaurant Marketing blog. Guaranteed to help you stop losing silverware in the trash.
- Video: NCCR and ExpoTV examine Americans’ perceptions of the chain restaurant industry.
- Why Chipotle shouldn’t be blamed for its recent firings, according to this Minnesota Daily editorial.
- Sodexo is rolling out Meatless Mondays, reports The Huffington Post.
- Chipotle replaces Taco Bell as top social brand
- Q&A: Vegan life on the farm with Jenny Brown
- Mark your calendar with meatless recipes
- Q2 top social restaurant brands rocking mobile and location
- Foodservice menu trends get healthy, fresh and local