SmartBrief Education editors and writers sift through thousands of sources each day, reading a variety of content, including blogs and commentaries written by you and your peers.
In an effort to recognize some of the innovative voices in the field, we’ve asked our team to nominate their favorite content — written by educators, for educators — each month from which we’ll choose two winners for the Editor’s Choice Content Award.
This month’s winners inspired us with their classroom-design tips for the new school year:
Meet this month’s winners:
- Erin Klein for Quick Tips for a Beautiful, Brain-Friendly Classroom, Top Teaching blog, Scholastic
Listen to an interview with Erin on Education Talk Radio.
- Cheryl Mizerny for New Teachers: Creating a Shiny, Happy Classroom, MiddleWeb
Listen to an interview with Cheryl on Education Talk Radio.
Learn more about our previous winners.
- Patrick Waters for Project-Based Learning Through a Maker’s Lens, Edutopia
Listen to an interview with Patrick on Education Talk Radio.
- Julie Rohl for Why I Encourage Failure in STEM, Huffington Post
- George Couros for 5 ways to influence change, Connected Principals
- Dana Sirotiak for What is a family-school partnership and which ones exist?, Dana Sirotiak’s ePortfolio
- Pernille Ripp for This is What Learning Looks Like, Blogging Through the Fourth Dimension
Listen to an interview with Pernille on Education Talk Radio.
- Aaron Vanderwerff for Makers in the Classroom: A How-To Guide, edSurge
Listen to an interview with Aaron on Education Talk Radio.
- Paul Barnwell for My Students Don’t Know How to Have a Conversation, The Atlantic
Listen to an interview with Paul on EduTalk Radio.
- Jennifer Barnett for It Had to Be Me, Center for Teaching Quality
Listen to an interview with Jennifer on Education Talk Radio.
- Hunter Maats and Katie O’Brien for Teaching Students to Embrace Mistakes, Edutopia
- Matt Renwick for Passion-Based Learning Week 5: Can Minecraft Foster a Growth Mindset?, published by Powerful Learning Practice
Listen to an interview with Matt on Education Talk Radio.
- Heather Wolpert-Gawron for Common Core in Action: The Power of a Checklist, Edutopia
- Jody Passanisi and Shara Peters for Taking the Struggle Out of Group Work, MiddleWeb
- Hilary Conklin for Middle School: Not So Bad, The Atlantic
Listen to an interview with Hilary on Education Talk Radio.
- Bill Ferriter for What Role Do Hunches Play in Professional Learning Communities?, Center for Teaching Quality