About the author: Mike Figliuolo | SmartBlogs
Last week, we asked: How transparent are you in sharing information with your team?
- Completely — they know everything I know: 14.47%
- Very — they know most things, but I hold some things back: 74.47%
- Somewhat — they know the things I think they need to know: 8.3%
- Not very — I share on a need-to-know basis: 1.91%
- Not at all — I rarely share information with them: .85%
Transparency rules.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How effectively does your team communicate using new electronic channels?
- Very well — they’re “digitally fluent:” 31.08%
- Well — they could use some improvement, though: 49.85%
- Not well — they’ve been slow to learn new channels: 14.77%
- Poorly — we may as well be using paper: 4.31%
It’s not just the channel – it’s the content.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Which type of skill do you value more in your team members?
- Technical — being an expert at their work is key: 18.03%
- Functional — skills like leadership and problem solving are most critical: 81.97%
It’s the soft skills that matter.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Which method do you use when allocating work?
- To the first person available: 0.75%
- Based on skill set only: 5.09%
- Based on skill, availability and interest: 84.88%
- I shift resources to the highest priority item: 9.28%
- Based on first-in, first-out: 0%
Work allocation is multi-dimensional.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How comfortable are you asking questions you don’t know the answers to?
- Very — I have no problem asking questions about any topic: 84.4%
- Somewhat — I don’t do it very often: 13.42%
- Not very — I tend to only ask questions I know the answer to: 1.34%
- Not at all — I avoid asking questions as much as possible: .84%
Questions lead to insight.[…] Continue Reading »