About the author: Mike Figliuolo | SmartBlogs
Last week, we asked: How do you deal with rudeness in your organization?
- I immediately confront it, and harshly: 39.97%
- I ignore it: 23.26%
- I act overly nice in the face of it: 34.76%
- I act rudely in return: 2.01%
Rudeness won’t be tolerated.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Do you discipline people in a public setting?
- Regularly — people need to see there are consequences for failure: 1.1%
- Occasionally — sometimes I like to send a message to everyone: 7.98%
- Rarely — only in extreme circumstances: 48.42%
- Never — I only punish in private: 42.5%
Punish in private.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: What do you do when you learn someone on your team is looking for a new job?
- Help by making introductions for them and offering guidance: 67.5%
- Ignore the fact that they’re searching: 21.15%
- Actively discourage their search efforts: 5.38%
- Let them go/fire them as quickly as possible: 5.97%
If they’re not happy, help them go.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Is it appropriate for leaders to share personal views about business via social media?
- It’s very appropriate, and it’s a great communication vehicle: 17.11%
- It’s OK sometimes for specific, noncontroversial topics: 31.89%
- It’s only OK in rare situations: 21.43%
- It’s never OK: 29.57%
Business is a no-tweeting zone.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How comfortable are you with having open, direct conflict with another leader?
- I enjoy it — conflict leads to new ideas: 14.97%
- It’s fine — conflict is part of my job: 51.38%
- It’s uncomfortable — I avoid conflict if I can: 31.69%
- I hate it — I’ll avoid conflict at all costs: 1.95%
Throw down the gloves.[…] Continue Reading »