About the author: Mike Figliuolo | SmartBlogs
Last week, we asked: Do you consider your team to be “high performing?”
- Absolutely — they’re consistently excellent: 26.32%
- Kind of — they’re good but have room to improve: 60.15%
- Not really — they’ve got their share of issues: 11.09%
- Not at all — I’m in disaster-recovery mode: 2.44%
Driving high performance.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How good are you at giving difficult feedback promptly?
- Great — I share difficult feedback immediately: 21.53%
- OK — I give tough feedback with some hesitation: 60.76%
- Not good — I struggle with giving tough feedback: 16.64%
- Poor — I rarely share difficult feedback: 1.07%
Prompt feedback matters.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: What is your perception of a leader who has an “interesting” title with words like “guru” or “ninja” in it?
- It’s awesome and fun: 3.71%
- It’s OK: 4.3%
- I don’t care what they’re called as long as the work gets done: 23.28%
- It’s silly and I view them as less credible: 68.72%
Stop being a guru ninja![…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: What’s the biggest mistake you see people make when they’re giving a formal presentation?
- Too much content, not enough time: 24.69%
- Too focused on the slides versus the desired meeting outcome: 35.69%
- Poor stage presence: 7.6%
- Not reading the audience well: 7.33%
- Not having a clear and compelling story they’re telling: 24.69%
PowerPoint is evil.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: What’s the most challenging aspect of leading your peers?
- Doing so without appearing to be bossy: 47.68%
- Getting them to respect my position: 11.64%
- Separating friendships from the work we have to do: 22.9%
- Feeling insecure relative to my peers’ strong skills: 4.63%
- It’s not challenging at all — I excel at it: 13.14%
Avoid being bossy.[…] Continue Reading »