About the author: Mike Figliuolo | SmartBlogs
Last week, we asked: Would you rather have the challenge of improving a low performer or inspiring a high performer?
- I’d prefer to help a low performer improve: 34.07%
- I’d rather inspire and challenge a high performer: 65.93%
Step up to the plate.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How well do you model having a balanced life for the members of your team?
- Very well — I’m the epitome of balance and they see it clearly: 16.39%
- Well — I set a good example most of the time but not always: 53.15%
- Not well — they likely see me as a bit out of balance: 21.01%
- Poorly — they should avoid following my example if possible: 9.45%
Don’t ignore balance until it’s too late.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How well do the members of your team work with each other across silos?
- Very well — there are no silos on my team: 15.08%
- Well — there are a few minor silos: 50.35%
- Not well — they have a hard time working cross-functionally: 29.47%
- Poorly — they barely know one another: 5.1%
Breaking down the walls.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How much have you grown as a leader in the past 12 months?
- A great deal — I’m a much better leader now: 29.91%
- Some — I’ve improved a bit: 53.76%
- Not much — I’ve seen no noticeable improvement: 7.89%
- I’ve regressed — I’ve lost ground in the past 12 months: 8.44%
Grow every year.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: What are you most excited about going into the end of the year?
- Having this year be over with and starting a new one: 26.08%
- Celebrating our success this year: 14.82%
- Promoting and rewarding people for their performance: 6.75%
- Planning for an exciting 2014: 28.14%
- Going on vacation and recharging my batteries: 24.2%
Glad it’s almost over.[…] Continue Reading »