About the author: Mike Figliuolo | SmartBlogs
Last week, we asked: Which type of skill do you value more in your team members?
- Technical — being an expert at their work is key: 18.03%
- Functional — skills like leadership and problem solving are most critical: 81.97%
It’s the soft skills that matter.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Which method do you use when allocating work?
- To the first person available: 0.75%
- Based on skill set only: 5.09%
- Based on skill, availability and interest: 84.88%
- I shift resources to the highest priority item: 9.28%
- Based on first-in, first-out: 0%
Work allocation is multi-dimensional.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How comfortable are you asking questions you don’t know the answers to?
- Very — I have no problem asking questions about any topic: 84.4%
- Somewhat — I don’t do it very often: 13.42%
- Not very — I tend to only ask questions I know the answer to: 1.34%
- Not at all — I avoid asking questions as much as possible: .84%
Questions lead to insight.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Do you consider your team to be high-performing?
- Absolutely — we’re a very high-performing team: 41.84%
- Kind of — we have moments of high performance: 47.11%
- Not really — we rarely have high-performing moments: 6.05%
- Definitely not — this team needs a lot of improvement: 5%
Be deliberate about high performance.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: How frequently do you use storytelling to influence and lead people?
- All the time — I’m constantly telling stories: 45.03%
- Sometimes — I tell a story on occasion: 43.91%
- Rarely — I’m not known for telling stories: 9.29%
- Never — I don’t use stories at all to lead: 1.76%
Use the power of stories.[…] Continue Reading »