About the author: Lance Haun | SmartBlogs
Last week we asked: How prepared are you for a Labor Department wage-and-hour audit?
- Totally prepared — 46%
- Mostly prepared but would have to put a few things together — 34%
- Somewhat prepared and would require a lot of work to be ready- – 11%
- Not at all prepared — 10%
It’s great to see that 4 in 5 people would be ready for a wage-and-hour audit if the Labor Department came knocking at their door.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Do you offer benefits that cater to older workers?
- No: 82%
- Yes: 18%
As businesses look at retention concerns as the economy improves, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more companies embrace benefits for older workers.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Do you think your employees are innovative enough?
- Yes, but the company doesn’t do enough to push it: 47%
- No, our employees are not innovative enough: 31%
- Yes, we have innovation running through our veins: 14%
- No, our employees don’t need to be innovative: 7%
Nearly half of respondents said they have innovative employees, but companies don’t do enough to unlock it.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Do you believe HR people at your organization are too nice?
- No — HR is about the right level of nice for the job: 57%
- No — HR is too mean, and it causes issues: 26%
- Yes — HR is too nice, and it causes issues: 17%
I don’t really like doing hugs, but I’ve received quite a few from colleagues in HR.[…] Continue Reading »
Last week, we asked: Are you adding pay-for-performance compensation and rewards plans at your company?
- Yes — we are adding more people to these plans, 33%
- We don’t have any pay-for-performance plans, 32%
- No — we are keeping people on the same plans, 31%
- No — we are decreasing the number of people in these plans, 4%
Anyone who has worked with me in any HR capacity knows I am a big fan of pay-for-performance whenever possible.[…] Continue Reading »