Archive for May2011Archives SmartBlogs
Possible developments in Tim Horton’s expansion plan, what Colin Powell says about the restaurant industry and the reason Burger King had to end a recent ad campaign.
It’s all in this past week’s top five most-clicked links in SmartBrief on Restaurants:
- Departure of Tim Hortons CEO prompts speculation
- What Panera learned from early menu-labeling efforts
- Burger King kills commercial after postal service complains
- Colin Powell applauds restaurant industry’s economic contributions
- Restaurant and grocery chains pass along higher food costs
Last week, we asked: How predictable is your leadership style?
- Most of the time I’m predictable, but I occasionally surprise people: 68%
- My team always knows what to expect from me and how I lead: 29%
- I’m completely unpredictable, and my leadership style is not clear to most others: 2%
- I’m mostly unpredictable, and my team reacts to my shifts in style: 1%
People don’t like surprises at work.[…] Continue Reading »
How to create incentives for your employees, ways to examine your relationship with your boss and the trick to convincing team members that a risk is worthwhile.
It’s all in this past week’s top five most-clicked links in SmartBrief for CFOs:
- 7 questions to help you get along better with your boss
- 5 keys for building your company’s culture
- How to compensate all-star employees
- How to make taking risks sound like a good idea
- How to deal with management problems