Archive for July2010Archives SmartBlogs
The 5 most-clicked links in SmartBrief on Workforce this past week:
- The firing of Shirley Sherrod: An HR “fiasco”
- 3 body-language tricks every executive should know
- At Zappos.com, happiness is the key to wellness
- The key to better hiring? Behavioral interviewing
- How you’ll know when it’s time to cut someone loose
This post is by SmartBlog on Restaurants and Restaurant SmartBrief contributor Janet Forgrieve.
New York City’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene began posting letter grades in the city’s restaurants this week, the result of a policy passed despite the strenuous objections of the New York State Restaurant Association, which hasn’t backed down from its arguments now that grades have started to go up.[…] Continue Reading »
After six weeks of cooking so close to Capitol Hill, the contestants from “Top Chef” finally had the chance to get officially political. The driving force behind this week’s episode was about power — fighting for power in the kitchen and cooking powerful food.